The Fall Job and Internship Fair will be held on Wednesday, September 27th from 11 am - 4 pm. Check-in will be in Hubbard Commons of the Iowa Memorial Union and the employers will be in the Main Lounge & Second Floor Ballroom of the IMU.
Top Ways to Prepare Before the Fair:
- Update your resume during walk-in hours M-F - 10 am-3 pm in C310 Pomerantz Center
- Download the U of I Career Fair Plus App here- Android / iOS to see which employers are coming, and where they will be located
- Research employers attending on HireaHawk.com under “Events” to see more about them and their jobs/internship postings and mark your Top Ten (employers get notified of this!)
- Update your major and resume in your HireaHawk.com account for an accurate nametag with your major listed
- Bring your UI Student ID card, resume and dress professionally
- Before (or after the fair), sign up for a Mock Interview on HireaHawk.com – this is a great way to practice interviewing with employer volunteers.
- Attend a Prepare for the Fair session(dates/times below)! Or check out our Prepare for the Fair video at https://youtu.be/5yK2_l-7z_c
Prepare for the Fair Session Dates/Times:
Attend one of these 20-minute sessions to learn how to prepare and what to expect at a career fair to maximize your visit with employers.
9/21 @ 11am- Library Learning Commons 1103 & 1105
9/22 @ 3:30pm- Pappajohn Business Building S207
9/25 @ 11am- PCC Lobby
9/25 @ 3pm- Library Learning Commons 1103 & 1105
9/26 @ 11am- Facebook Live
9/26 @ 3:30pm- Pappajohn Business Building S207
**For a full list of organizations, visit HireaHawk.com under “Events” to research employers attending or download our U of I Career Fair Plus App where you can filter by many things including major, location, position type, etc.
For more information, please visit our website at https://careers.uiowa.edu/fall-job-internship-fair
or watch this brief video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCrwNmxJQbw&index=1&list=PLP1AoX7Lhvr2GxLcs4L2KbHrF3ILEpd9K
Why go to the Career Fair?
The 2017 Fall Job and Internship Fair is a great way to network with organizations from all over the nation! Whether you are looking for an internship or a full-time position, there will be plenty of employers looking for candidates just like you.
**Note: The Fair is open to all majors and is free of charge.**
*New to the fair? Join us for a tour leaving from the Iowa Theatre throughout the day, visit careers.uiowa.edu for more info.
*Visit the Second Floor Ballroom IMU for MORE employers, LinkedIn Photo booth and to register to win an Apple Watch.
- There will be over 175 organizations at the Fair this Fall
- 100+ organizations are looking for interns!
- 150+ organizations have full-time opportunities
- 4 Graduate Schools will be in attendance
- 28 non-profits from various sectors