Tuesday, December 12, 2017 - 9:29am
In this series, students will learn important information and practice key skills that will enhance their job and internship search as an international student.
Monday, February 5th
- 4 pm - Optional Practical Training (OPT) at UCC 1117
- Graduating soon? Come learn about OPT and get familiar with the application process.
- 5 pm - Job Search Strategies at UCC 1117
- The job search can be overwhelming, especially as an international student. This session will cover strategies for locating opportunities in the United States.
Tuesday, February 6th
- 4 pm - Curricular Practical Training (CPT) at at UCC 1117
- Come learn essential information about CPT work authorization and how you can apply for it.
- 5 pm - Internship Search Strategies & Gaining Experience at UCC 2520D Seminar
- Find out how to gain experience to become a more competitive candidate. Learn how to more effectively search for internships in the US as an international student.
Wednesday February 7th
- 4:00-5:30 pm - Competitive Resumes, Cover Letters, & Interviewing at UCC 2390 Exec Board Room
- Learn what employers look for in a high-quality US-style resume and cover letter. Understand the difference between a resume and a CV in the US. Discuss typical questions in US-based interview and the interview process.