Business & Entrepreneurship Job & Internship Fair
Thursday, September 24, 11 am – 4 pm - VIRTUAL FAIR
Register in Handshake - click here!
This fair will focus on recruiting students typically majoring in Business, Entrepreneurship, Enterprise Leadership, Communication Studies and many employers consider ALL MAJORS as well.
What to do NOW?
2. Pre-schedule 1:1 or group sessions with employers you’re interested in or join an open session the day of the event.* Some sessions may fill up - we recommend you pre-schedule! Students can still attend if you don't pre-schedule.
3. Prepare How to navigate a Virtual Fair in Handshake
- Handshake Virtual Fair Tips
- Handshake Video – Locating and Registering for Virtual Fairs
- Handshake Virtual Fairs - Student Experience Information
- Handshake Virtual Fairs - How to Register
- Handshake Video & Tech Requirements
- Virtual Fair Trust & Safety
- Virtual Fair Accessibility
- Pomerantz Career Center Virtual Event Tips
4. Prepare professionally by watching Fair Help videos
Which employers are attending? View list here: https://app.joinhandshake.com/career_fairs/16255/student_preview
Update Your Resume and talk with a Peer or a Career Advisor - connect virtually by scheduling an appointment on MYUI!
During the event, there will be a Student Q&A zoom room with a Career Advisor - zoom link will be emailed to you after you register.
List of Employers Registered:
Alliant Energy, Inc.
Beacon Hill Staffing Group
Cambridge Investment Research, Inc
Chick-fil-A Coral Ridge
Cottingham & Butler
CRST International, Inc
DLL Financial Solutions
Dupaco Community Credit Union
Echo Global Logistics
Ernst & Young LLP (EY)
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago
Global Atlantic Financial Group
GreatAmerica Financial Services
Greater Des Moines Partnership
GreenState Credit Union
Kendall Hunt Publishing, Co.
KMB Property Management
Leepfrog Technologies, Inc.
McAdam Financially Advanced
Midwestern Securities Trading Company, LLC
Mike's Hard Lemonade
Mutual of Omaha
Navy Talent Aquisition Group Northern Plains
New Leader Manufacturing
Northwestern Mutual - Eastern Iowa
Northwestern Mutual - Greater Chicago
Northwestern Mutual Chicagoland
Passage Global Capital Management
Principal Financial Group
Renewable Energy Group
Republic Bank of Chicago
RSM US LLP
T-Mobile USA, Inc
Techtronic Industries, NA (TTI)
U.S. Army Contracting Command-Rock Island, IL
United Fire & Casualty
University of Iowa - College of Law
Veridian Credit union
Wells Blue Bunny
Attend Employer Q&A zoom room for help during the event (link to come) - staffed by Employer Team staff from 10:30 - 4:00 pm on Thursday, Sept. 24
- Fair Training Video
- Scheduling Overview for Fairs
- Technology Requirements
- Employer Checklist
- Handshake office hours
-Questions? Contact Jo Halsch, Associate Director of Events
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa events. If you are a person with a disability and require an accommodation in order to participate in this event, please contact the Pomerantz Career Center, (319) 335-1023.