Career Fair - Frequently Asked Questions
Who should participate?
- All majors and degree levels!
- Current students and alumni interested in finding an internship and/or full-time employment after graduation
- Current students and alumni interested in networking with employers
Where is the fair located?
What should I bring to the Career Fair? Do I need to pre-register?
Current students - bring your Student ID and 5-10 copies of your resume. Please have your Student ID out and ready to swipe. Non-UI students and Community Members may not interview in the Pomerantz Career Center facilities however. Please make alternate arrangements if you are invited to interview. There is no fee to attend the fair.
You do not need to pre-register for the event, just check-in upon your arrival in Hubbard Commons.
What organizations will be attending the Career Fair?
What should I do to prepare?
1. Attend a "Prepare for the Fair: Do's, Don'ts & Donuts" session. This is a short 20-30 minute session that will provide you with tips on how to greet employers and get the most out of the fair.
Monday 2/18 3-4 pm - Pomerantz Career Center Lobby
Tuesday 2/19 3-4 pm- Pomerantz Career Center Lobby
Facebook Live session: Tuesday 2/19 9:30am
2. Have your resume reviewed during Pomerantz Career Center walk-in hours - Mon-Friday, 10am-3pm
3. Research the organizations you are interested in (use the link above and review their company specific websites). You will want to know what the company does, what positions they have available, and how your skills fit with each position.
4. Come up with a few questions to ask each employer.
5. Search for on-campus interviews in HireaHawk.com.
6. Practice your handshake and a quick introduction.
7. Practice your interview skills - participate in a Mock Interview!
What should I wear to the Career Fair?
We recommend dressing professionally (see examples) especially if you are actively searching for an internship or full-time position. Business casual might be appropriate for some employers. It's important to make a good first impression! If you are in need of free professional attire, please visit the Clothing Closet at Iowa, 213 Iowa Memorial Union.