Friday, April 8 - 12:00 - 2:00 PM, Virtual Fair
Information for Students
Students will Explore + Connect with
- Employers from Art, Design, Communication, Event Planning & Creative companies
- Internship/full-time positions
- Part-time or volunteer opportunities
- Freelance opportunities
1. Register in Handshake.
2. Pre-schedule 1:1 or group sessions with employers you’re interested in or join an open session the day of the event.* Some sessions may fill up - we recommend you pre-schedule! Students can still attend if you don't pre-schedule.
3. Read Student Tips for Virtual Fairs and Networking Events guide
4. Prepare How to navigate a Virtual Fair in Handshake
- Handshake Virtual Fair Tips
- Handshake Video – Locating and Registering for Virtual Fairs
- Handshake Virtual Fairs - Student Experience Information
- Handshake Virtual Fairs - How to Register
- Handshake Video & Tech Requirements
- Virtual Fair Trust & Safety
- Virtual Fair Accessibility
5. Prepare professionally by watching Fair Help videos
Which employers are attending? View list here: coming soon
Update Your Resume and talk with a Peer or a Career Coach - connect virtually by scheduling an appointment on MYUI! Peer advisors have drop-in hours Monday - Friday, 10 am - 2 pm in C310 Pomerantz Center.
Information for Employers
Register here via Handshake!
Employers and organizations will connect with undergraduates representing the Creative Arts including students studying Art, Graphic Design, Communication Studies, Journalism and Mass Communication, English and Creative Writing, etc. Students attending have an interest in gaining experience in and/or pursuing careers in a creative industry or role.
- Fair Training Video
- Scheduling Overview for Fairs
- Technology Requirements
- Employer Checklist
- Handshake office hours
-Questions? Contact Jo Halsch, Senior Associate Director of Employer Engagement & Events
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa events. If you are a person with a disability and require an accommodation in order to participate in this event, please contact the Pomerantz Career Center, (319) 335-1023.