During my junior year, I was on the search for a part-time, flexible, on-campus internship. Sounds impossible, right? WRONG!
A year ago, I was lucky enough to start as the Marketing & Events Intern at the Pomerantz Career Center. And let me tell you… it’s the BEST. JOB. EVER.
I have been able to grow my professional skill-set in so many directions. From the bi-annual Job & Internship Fair to other various networking nights, the PCC let me help with everything! Here’s just a few more reasons as to why I am OBSESSED with my job at the PCC.
1) There’s always coffee!
Seriously… always. What college student doesn't love free coffee?
2) … And we always have monthly potlucks (FREE FOOD).
The PCC is also big fan of food. You will never go hungry as long as you work here!
3) You can meet other awesome students.
There are TONS of student workers at the PCC. It is a great way to meet even more friends across campus! Most student workers meet a handful of new friends before leaving the PCC!
4) Advance your career skills
Working at the Career Center gives you a great advantage when it comes to growing yourself professionally. You have direct access to career advisors, fairs, mock interviews, employers, and much more! You’ll always be the first to know of new career trends on campus.
5) The PCC is home to the friendliest people ever
I’m not kidding... the PCC employees are by far the friendliest people I’ve ever met. You will always be greeted with big smiles and appreciation for the work you are doing. Additionally, everyone goes out of their way to help you in your own job search. The PCC has become a second home for me over the past year!
If this all sounds great, you should look into our current open positions! Visit HireaHawk.com and search using the job codes provided below. We look forward to you joining our wonderful team!
- Career Peer Advisor (#68139) multiple positions!
- Peer Advisors provide staffing for walk-in services, resume reviews, and other office outreach efforts for fellow students on campus.
- Marketing / Social Media Intern (#68174)
- The Marketing and Social Media Intern promotes Career Center events and services through the PCC's social media accounts, mass emailing, and other marketing platforms.
- Recruiting/Marketing Coordinator (#68161)
- The Recruiting and Marketing Coordinator works with the Career Leadership Academy staff in a variety of tasks related to recruiting and marketing for the CLA program.
- Human Resources / Recruiting Intern (#67767)
- The Human Resources and Recruiting Intern works closely with the Employer Relations team with on-campus recruiting and Hire-a-Hawk efforts.
- Graphic Design Intern (#67978)
- The Graphic Design Intern will assist in development of the Career Center brand by designing and creating a large variety of promotional materials.
For more information on working at the Pomerantz Career Center, visit HireaHawk.com
Written by Jamie Gurgul, Marketing & Events Intern