Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - 12:49pm
- Find a student org to join: It doesn’t matter what year you are; you should find another student organization on campus to get involved in! There are so many different organizations (over 500!!) and there is sure to be one that fits with your interests and schedule. You can meet tons of new people and discover some new things about yourself.
- Volunteer: Iowa City is such a lively community! That being said, there is always some organization or event that is in need of volunteers! Pay it forward and get to know Iowa City a little better by volunteering and you might even discover a new passion in yourself that you didn’t know existed.
- Schedule a visit with your Career Advisor: The Pomerantz Career Center has a great staff that focuses on helping you prepare yourself for the real world! (I know it’s a scary thought, but don’t avoid it – prepare for it!) Go in as early as you can and you’ll be surprised by the number of resources they have available for each of you. Also, be sure to have a resume drafted and bring it into to walk in hours that the Peer Advisors can help you edit to help get you an interview for those internships!
- Get organized - buy a planner: You may not think you need one, but time management is the key to balancing everything in college. Save yourself the stress and get a planner to help keep things organized!
- Get decked out in black and gold: Show that Hawkeye Spirit off! Iowa City lives and breathes black and gold – so make sure you are stocked with Hawkeye apparel so you can flaunt your school spirit. Especially on those football Saturdays! GO HAWKS!!