Last March, I applied for a Career Peer Advisor position at The Pomerantz Career Center on campus, and let me tell you…There is no place like it for student employment. Here are just a few reasons why you should apply to work at the Career Center for the 2017-2018 school year.
1. Let me start with every college student’s favorite word, FREE. Let me end with every college student’s second favorite word, COFFEE. Now let me put these two beautiful words together, FREE COFFEE.
- Not only does the Career Center offer free coffee, but we also have monthly potlucks of magical and delicious food. Long story short, you will never be hungry ever, ever again.
- The Career Center is home to the greatest resources and people you will meet on campus. Not only are you able to connect with career professionals who can guide you through your career concerns, but you will be working side by side with other students who share the same goals and aspirations for the future.
- We all know that we need to Network. Network, Network, Network. But seriously, working in the Career Center lets you network with more people than you could imagine. Want to meet with some of the companies that attend the Career Fair? You have the chance to do this by being a greeter for networking nights and then participating in the actual networking night. This and many more opportunities are available for the wonderful peers in the office.
- Have you met Regina?? When you walk into our office, you’ll be greeted by our amazing Secretary Regina. She is anything but ordinary. She is the glue that holds the whole office together. Without I don’t know how anyone would function. Just getting to see her during your shift will make the rest of your day or any Monday morning.
- Not only are the people in the office advisors and peers, they can also become your friends. Because we hire a small cohort of students, you become very tight-knit. We hope that the students not only have a professional relationship, but can also develop friendships that go beyond the third floor of the Pomerantz Center. Working at the Career Center has many perks, and we are looking for students to apply for next year! For more information got to hireahawk.com and search for career peer advisor.
Working at the Career Center has many perks, and we are looking for students to apply for next year! For more information got to hireahawk.com and search for career peer advisor. Come join the party!
-Written by bloggers, Sarah Sitz & Hannah Petterson