Pomerantz Career Advisors are here to assist you as you prepare for exciting career opportunities ahead. Career Advisors can help you whether you are exploring different majors or seeking a full-time job! In just a 30-minute discussion, you will feel confident and informed.
With the help of a Career Advisor you can explore what you want to study, select your major(s) as well as possible minors or certificates, and pick classes to meet graduation requirements and timelines.
Career advising allows you to explore, prepare, experience, and achieve!
Explore: Students can explore different majors, classes, and potential careers with a career advisor.
Prepare: Advisors will help you prepare for job and internship interviews. They can assist you with your resume and cover letter, and even give tips on how to search for jobs and internships!
Experience: Meeting with a Career Advisor can lead to all types of experiences. You can obtain different research, job, and internship experiences with the help of an advisor. These experiences can help you better understand what you want in your career.
Achieve: After you explore, prepare, and experience… you are more likely to achieve your career goals! Whether it is attending graduate school, choosing a major, or finding a summer internship, a Career Advisor will help you achieve that goal!
Now that you’re interested, how do you meet with a Career Advisor?
- Head on over to MyUI.
- On your home page, under student information, find “Advising Appointment”.
- Under “Schedule a New Appointment” click the drop-down menu and select “Pomerantz Career Center”.
- Select a career interest that best fits your job aspirations
- Select the reasoning for your visit. For example: Getting started/first appointment with a Career Advisor
- Select a date and time to meet with a Career Advisor that best fits your schedule!
You can read about and meet the Career Advisors here:
Before seeing a Career Advisor:
After seeing a Career Advisor: