Diversity Networking Night
This is a casual networking event to connect students with employers who promote diversity in the workplace.
Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 5-7 p.m. - Petersen Residence Hall Multipurpose Room
During this event, there will be networking and free food!
- Networking is open to all students interested in internships, jobs, or learning more about employers
- Opportunity to socialize, connect and learn more about employers who promote diversity in the workplace
- Student organization leaders can also connect with employers to inquire about guest speakers for their group
Light refreshments provided, casual environment, no cost to attend!
Information for Students
Suggested attire is business casual (dress pants, skirts, collared shirts etc.)
Resumes optional, but recommended
Student leaders who attended last year's event said: 'This event was an excellent use of our time - we connected with multiple employers and we even got leads on internships.'
Interested in participating? Register online: bit.ly/rsvpdnn
- Networking Prep Sessions: Get ready to network in advance of Diversity Networking Night. In these workshops you will have a chance to prepare and practice while receiving tips from professionals. Tuesday, February 20, 2018 - 4:00-4:45 pm at one of the locations below. After the session you will walk with your group over to Diversity Networking Night to meet employers.
- LOCATION UPDATE: All prep sessions will be combined into one due to smaller RSVP numbers: Seminar Room, Petersen Residence Hall
Information for Employers
- Register - Currently we are at capacity for this event, however, if you register you will be automatically added to our wait list. Joanna will be in touch with you if a spot comes available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Parking information - Field House Lot (Grand Avenue, Iowa City) Back-up Parking ramps include: Ramp 4 and Lot 14// Petersen Residence Hall (304 Grand Avenue, Iowa City)
- Participating Organizations
This event is co-sponsored by: The Chief Diversity Office (Center for Diversity & Enrichment), Student Disability Services, TRIO, Center for Student Involvement & Leadership and the Pomerantz Career Center