Virtual Employer Resources
While virtual recruiting certainly brings some challenges, there are some great opportunities that it offers as well. Without the constraints of travel budgets and narrow windows of time on campus, it’s a great opportunity to reach out to more students, and use various strategies to highlight unique aspects of company culture, invite current employees/alumni in roles to engage with prospective candidates, provide more in-depth insights into day-to-day responsibilities of the jobs for which you are recruiting, and more.
Handshake’s Employer Blog, Help Center and Going Digital Resource Hub have a variety of great resources from engaging early talent all the way through conducting virtual onboarding and hosting effective virtual internships. Below you will find some of our favorite How To Articles and Best Practices form these resources.
General Recruiting Strategies
- Your COVID-19-Proof Fall Recruiting Plan
- 3 Reasons to Support Early Talent through Meaningful, Project-Based Work
Virtual Events, Fairs & Meetings/Interviews
- Update & Optimize Your Company’s Handshake Profile
- Make Sure text & images are engaging and link to company videos, etc.
- Consider allowing students to message staff with public profiles
- Leverage Student Reviews with These Best Practices
Direct Student Outreach
- Using the Student Search Feature
- How to Send a Student Message
- Engage College Talent Proactively: 4 Steps to a Winning Message
- Personalized Recruiting Messages: Best Practices & Samples