Exploring Careers in Biosciences Networking Night
Thursday, September 13, 2018 - 6 pm to 7:30 pm, Second Floor Ballroom - Iowa Memorial Union
*Business casual attire suggested. Light appetizers and beverages provided.
- 5:45-6 pm: Check-in (Second Floor Ballroom lobby, IMU)
- 6 - 6:30 pm: Welcome & Keynote Speaker: Sue MacIntosh, UI Alumna
- 6:30 pm: Employer Introductions
- 6:30- 7:30 pm: Networking
INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
- Students will Explore + Connect with:
- Biosciences companies
- Internship/full-time positions
- Graduate and service programs
- Research and volunteer opportunities
- Students do not need to register in advance for this event.
- Attend a Networking Prep Session
Read more about Networking
How do I network? What do I say to employers? If you’re planning to attend the Exploring Careers in Biosciences networking event, you might have several questions on what to do and what to say. Attend the prep session prior to the event: Thursday, Sept. 13, 5:30 - 6 pm (check-in at the second floor ballroom lobby)
- Update Your Resume and talk with a Peer or a Career Advisor - our walk-in hours are M-F, 10 am -3 pm, C310 Pomerantz Center (when classes are in session)
- Employer Participants - HireaHawk Student Preview
- Bring copies of your resume and Dress for Success!
INFORMATION FOR EMPLOYERS
- Register Here - (make sure you are logged into your HireaHawk employer account before opening the link). Or, you can log into your employer account and click on Fairs on the left and then select University of Iowa and the fair you would like to register for.
If you don't have a current HireaHawk powered by Handshake account, create one here.
- Employers and organizations will connect with undergraduates representing the Biosciences (including students majoring in Biology, Chemistry/Biochemistry, Earth & Environmental Science, Health & Human Physiology, and Microbiology).
- Employer Participants - HireaHawk Employer Preview
- Parking Map
Questions? Email Joanna Halsch
This event is sponsored by:
Pomerantz Career Center
Department of Biology
Developmental Studies Hybridoma Bank (DSHB)
Center for Biocatalysis and Bioprocessing
Department of Political Science
Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences
Department of Health & Human Physiology
Department of Geographical and Sustainability Sciences