Exploring Careers in Environment & Sustainability Networking Event
Tuesday, March 30, 2021 - 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
The Virtual Exploring Careers in Environment & Sustainability will involve networking with alums and local professionals working in various areas of Environmental Science, Geography, and Sustainability. All Students are welcome!
This event will allow students to:
- Explore career options related to environment and sustainability
- Receive advice on gaining experiences & skills needed for the profession
- Network with industry professionals
INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS & ALUMS: What to do NOW?
1. Registration opens February 1st: https://uiowa.joinhandshake.com/career_fairs/21983/student_preview
2. Pre-schedule 1:1 sessions with professionals you’re interested in or join an open session the day of the event.* Some sessions may fill up - we recommend you pre-schedule! Students can still attend if you don't pre-schedule.
3. Prepare How to navigate a Virtual Fair in Handshake
4. Prepare professionally by watching Fair Help videos
Update Your Resume and talk with a Peer or a Career Advisor - connect virtually and schedule an appointment on MYUI.
During the event, there will be a Student Q&A zoom room with a Career Advisor - zoom link will be emailed to you after you register.
Employers & Organizations Registered: coming soon
INFORMATION FOR EMPLOYERS
Login to Handshake to participate - Joanna Halsch will be in touch when you want to register and set up for you.
Attend Q&A zoom room for help during the event (link to come) - staffed by Employer Team staff from 4:30 - 7:00 pm on Tuesday, March 30 if any questions arise.
This event is sponsored by Pomerantz Career Center, Office of Sustainability and the Environment, Department of Geographical and Sustainability Sciences, Environmental Sciences Program, Sustainability Certificate Program.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa events. If you are a person with a disability and require an accommodation in order to participate in this event, please contact the Pomerantz Career Center, (319) 335-1023.