Exploring Careers in Life Sciences Networking Night
Thursday, September 10, 2020 - 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm, Second Floor Ballroom - Iowa Memorial Union
*Business casual attire suggested. Light appetizers and beverages provided.
- 4:45-5:00 pm: Check-in (Second Floor Ballroom lobby, IMU)
- 5:00-6:30 pm: Networking
INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
- Students will Explore + Connect with:
- Life science companies
- Internship/full-time positions
- Graduate and service programs
- Research and volunteer opportunities
- Students do not need to register in advance for this event.
- Attend a Networking Prep Session
Read more about Networking
How do I network? What do I say to employers? If you’re planning to attend the Exploring Careers in Life Sciences networking event, you might have several questions on what to do and what to say. Attend the prep session prior to the event: Thursday, Sept. 10, 4:30 - 5:00 pm (check-in at the second floor ballroom lobby)
- Update Your Resume and talk with a Peer or a Career Advisor - our walk-in hours are M-F, 10 am -3 pm, C310 Pomerantz Center (when classes are in session)
- Employer Participants - coming soon
- Bring copies of your resume and Dress for Success!
INFORMATION FOR EMPLOYERS
- REGISTER: Coming in June
If you don't have a current Handshake account, create one here.
- Employers and organizations will connect with undergraduates representing the life sciences (including students majoring in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Earth & Environmental Science, Health & Human Physiology, Neuroscience, Biomedical Sciences and Microbiology).
- Employer Participants coming soon
- Parking Map
Questions? Email Joanna Halsch
This event is sponsored by:
Pomerantz Career Center
Department of Biology
Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences
Department of Chemistry