Exploring Creative Careers Networking Event
Friday, March 12, 2021 - 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm, Virtual Networking Event
Register in Handshake - coming soon!
INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS & ALUMS
- Students will Explore + Connect with:
- Employers from Art, Design, Communication, Event Planning & Creative companies
- Internship/full-time positions
- Part-time or volunteer opportunities
- Freelance opportunities
What to do NOW?
1. Registration coming soon
2. Pre-schedule 1:1 or group sessions with employers you’re interested in or join an open session the day of the event.* Some sessions may fill up - we recommend you pre-schedule! Students can still attend if you don't pre-schedule.
3. Prepare How to navigate a Virtual Fair in Handshake
Pomerantz Career Center Virtual Event Tips
4. Prepare professionally by watching Fair Help videos
Update Your Resume and talk with a Peer or a Career Advisor - connect virtually and schedule an appointment on MYUI.
During the event, there will be a Student Q&A zoom room with a Career Advisor - zoom link will be emailed to you after you register.
Employers & Organizations Registered: coming soon
INFORMATION FOR EMPLOYERS
REGISTER here and view attending employers: coming soon!! If you don't have a current Handshake account, create one here.
Attend Employer Q&A zoom room for help during the event (link to come) - staffed by Employer Team staff from 11:30 - 3:00 pm on Friday, March 12.
Employers and organizations will connect with undergraduates representing the Creative Arts including students studying Art, Graphic Design, Communication Studies, Journalism and Mass Communication, English and Creative Writing, etc. Students attending have an interest in gaining experience in and/or pursuing careers in a creative industry or role.
Fair Navigation & Training :
Questions? Email Joanna Halsch
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa events. If you are a person with a disability and require an accommodation in order to participate in this event, please contact the Pomerantz Career Center, (319) 335-1023.