Help Your Students Prepare for a Career Fair
Each year, the Pomerantz Career Center hosts multiple career fairs on-campus. Some of these events are large fairs hosting more than 150 employers. These events are open to all majors. There are a few targeted fairs for specific majors as well - Education, Actuarial Science & Risk Management etc.
How Can You Assist Your Students?
- Make sure they are aware of the upcoming fairs
- Encourage younger students to attend so they become familiar with the format and are more prepared when they begin looking for jobs & internships
- Advise students to research employers they are interested in speaking with. They can view tips on researching employers and networking on the Student portal page of the website
- Encourage students to have their resume reviewed by the Career Center during our walk-in hours
- Encourage students to access their HireaHawk accounts to research and connect with employers in advance of the fair. Students can RSVP and submit their resumes to as many individual employers as they would like. Students should also be encouraged to update their HireaHawk.com profile and upload their reviewed resume so that they are ready to apply for jobs & internships through the system
- Encourage students to attend the Prepare for the Fair sessions so they can learn more about networking with employers and how to present themselves and make the best first impression