Incorporate Career Development Into the Classroom
Let us help you develop an assignment to incorporate into your curriculum to help students learn more about the Career Center. We can assist them with their major/career choice, preparing for a job or internship search, creating resumes/cover letters, researching employers etc. Some instructors require these assignments, and others offer them as extra credit options.
Possible assignments may include:
- Completing an interest assessment
- Note: please see the UI Course Fee Policy for information on how an assessment with associated cost should be handled.
- Writing and having a resume or cover letter reviewed
- Touring the Career Center - make arrangements to come and hear an overview of services and/or take a tour so your students know where we are and how to use our services
- Conducting an informational interview
- Attending a Career Fair or Career Center sponsored program
- Completing a Mock Interview - students can participate in our mock interview program or Big Interview (a virtual product) as a class activity or assignment.
Grab and Go ICON Content:
Our Grab and Go ICON Content has a variety of career-related educational content. This content is designed for faculty and course instructors who are interested in incorporating career resources and activities into academic courses. To request access to the Grab and Go Content, please fill out the following form: Grab and Go Request Form
To get started, schedule a meeting with your Career Center liaison, or call the Senior Director, Career Advancement at 319-335-1023.