Helping, Counseling & Public Service Job & Internship Fair
Thursday, February 25, 2021 : 12 pm – 4 pm - VIRTUAL FAIR
This fair will focus on recruiting students typically majoring in social work, psychology, nonprofit certificate, political science, history, sociology, public policy & ethics - ALL MAJORS welcome!
STUDENT INFORMATION : What to do NOW?
1. Registration opens February 1st : https://uiowa.joinhandshake.com/career_fairs/20577/student_preview
2. Pre-schedule 1:1 or group sessions with employers you’re interested in or join an open session the day of the event.* Some sessions may fill up - we recommend you pre-schedule! Students can still attend if you don't pre-schedule.
3. Prepare How to navigate a Virtual Fair in Handshake
- Handshake Virtual Fair Tips
- Handshake Virtual Fairs - Student Experience Information
- Handshake Virtual Fairs - How to Register
- Handshake Video & Tech Requirements
- Virtual Fair Trust & Safety
- Virtual Fair Accessibility
- Pomerantz Career Center Virtual Event Tips
4. Prepare professionally by watching Prepare for the Fair videos
Which Employers are attending? View list here:
- ACR Homes / ACR Healthcare
- Boys Town
- Camp Fire Heart of Iowa
- City Year
- Conservation Corps Minnesota & Iowa
- Four Oaks Family & Children Services
- Freedom for Youth Ministries
- Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa
- Illinois Department of Children and Family Services
- Lutheran Lakeside Camp
- Minnesota Alliance With Youth
- NPH USA
- Omaha Public Schools
- Peace Corps
- SCSU - St. Cloud State University School of Graduate Studies
- Tanager Place
- The Washington Center
- True Friends
- University of Iowa - College of Law
- University of Iowa - School of Social Work
- University Studies Abroad Consortium
- Vera French Community Mental Health Center
- Vote Smart
Update Your Resume and talk with a Peer or a Career Advisor - connect virtually and schedule an appointment on MYUI.
During the event, there will be a Student Q&A zoom room with a Career Advisor - zoom link will be emailed to you after registration.
- Register here: https://app.joinhandshake.com/career_fairs/20577
- Fair Navigation & Training:
- Event Refund Policy
- Invitation letter coming soon
- Attend Employer Q&A zoom room for help during the event (link to come) - staffed by Employer Team staff from 11:30 - 4:00 pm on Thursday, Feb. 25
- Questions? Contact Jo Halsch, Associate Director of Events
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa events. If you are a person with a disability and require an accommodation in order to participate in this event, please contact the Pomerantz Career Center, (319) 335-1023.