Helping, Counseling & Public Service Job & Internship Fair
Tuesday, September 29, 11 am – 4 pm - VIRTUAL FAIR
REGISTER in HANDSHAKE - click here
This fair will focus on recruiting students typically majoring in social work, psychology, nonprofit certificate, political science, history, sociology, public policy & ethics - ALL MAJORS welcome!
What to do NOW?
2. Pre-schedule 1:1 or group sessions with employers you’re interested in or join an open session the day of the event.* Some sessions may fill up - we recommend you pre-schedule! Students can still attend if you don't pre-schedule.
3. Prepare How to navigate a Virtual Fair in Handshake
- Handshake Virtual Fair Tips
- Handshake Virtual Fairs - Student Experience Information
- Handshake Virtual Fairs - How to Register
- Handshake Video & Tech Requirements
- Virtual Fair Trust & Safety
- Virtual Fair Accessibility
- Pomerantz Career Center Virtual Event Tips
4. Prepare professionally by watching Prepare for the Fair videos
Which Employers are attending? View list here: https://uiowa.joinhandshake.com/career_fairs/16471/student_preview
Update Your Resume and talk with a Peer or a Career Advisor - connect virtually and schedule an appointment on MYUI.
During the event, there will be a Student Q&A zoom room with a Career Advisor - zoom link will be emailed to you after registration.
Employers & Organizations Registered
ACR Homes / ACR Healthcare
Cornerstones of Care
Dupaco Community Credit Union
Iowa City Hospice, Inc.
Madison Police Department
Northwest Special Recreation Association
Nystrom & Associates, LTD
NYU Teacher Residency
Teach For America
The Menta Group - IL & AZ
University of Iowa - College of Law
University of Iowa - School of Social Work
University of Iowa Graduate College
Vera French Community Mental Health Center
- Register Now
- Fair Navigation & Training:
- Event Refund Policy
- Invitation Letter
- Attend Employer Q&A zoom room for help during the event (link to come) - staffed by Employer Team staff from 10:30 - 4:00 pm on Tuesday, Sept. 29
- Questions? Contact Jo Halsch, Associate Director of Events
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa events. If you are a person with a disability and require an accommodation in order to participate in this event, please contact the Pomerantz Career Center, (319) 335-1023.