Student and Alumni User Agreement
There is no fee to use HireaHawk.com
I authorize the Pomerantz Career Center (PCC) to:
- Obtain from the Registrar’s Office, directory information verifying address, telephone number, course listing, major and degree.
- Grant the Registrar’s Office permission to confirm my self-reported GPA and graduation date as needed.
- Grant employers access to my profile information and uploaded documents including resume, cover letter, etc. I understand that: my authorization of these statements will supersede any FERPA block that I have in place.
I understand that:
- The University of Iowa Pomerantz Career Center makes every effort to check the legitimacy of opportunities being posted in the system. However, due to the high volume of postings we receive, we are unable to fully research each person, organization and posting. The Pomerantz Career Center makes no guarantee about positions listed and are not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or other aspects of employment. It is the responsibility of each individual job seeker to research the validity of the organization(s) to which he/she is applying and verify the specific information for each posting. Job seekers should exercise due diligence and use common sense and caution when applying for or accepting any position. For your privacy and protection when applying to an opportunity online, it is advisable that you do not provide your social security number or credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction for an employer. For more tips on how to spot fraudulent employers and postings, please visit: http://careers.uiowa.edu/how-spot-fraudulent-employers-and-postings
- My account will remain active until one year after graduation (student) or one year after activation (alumni) or until such time as I request via authenticated web access (MyUI - formerly ISIS) or via a signed written notice that my account be deactivated and/or my account information be removed from the system and/or I am not able to be contacted via the e-mail address associated with this account. I may deactivate my account at any time by contacting the Pomerantz Career Center.
- If at any time I do not want employers to have access to my profile information including uploaded documents, I will contact the PCC via a written signed request to make that change.
- The information in my account will be stored off-site in compressed and encrypted SQL servers for the period of one year following the removal of my account.
- I am responsible for confirming that the information in my HireaHawk.com account and associated documents are current and accurate to the best of my ability and if my account is found to have inaccurate information, it may be deactivated.
- I am able to request and receive information regarding who has accessed my file and when they accessed my file by contacting the Pomerantz Career Center via a signed written request.
- A record of who accessed my information and what they accessed will be retained by Pomerantz Career Center or their contracted vendor for a period not to exceed 1 year.