Interview Questions You Could Be Asked
Preparing for your interview will make your interview more successful. Before your interview, take the time to review questions that you could be asked. It is not necessary to have prepared answers memorized, but be prepared to talk about yourself, your skills, and your experiences. The following questions can serve as a guide to prepare you for an interview.
- Tell me a little about yourself. (Keep your answer career oriented).
- What are your strengths?
- What causes you stress and how do you handle it?
- Give me three adjectives that describe you.
- What do you consider your greatest accomplishment?
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
- Where do you see yourself in five years? (Again, focus on your career goals).
- How do you define success?
- What type of supervision do you prefer? What do past supervisors say about you?
- What type of steps do you take to stay informed of new developments within your career field?
- How do you feel about working nights and weekends for special events/activities?
- What do you know about our company/organization?
- What do you know about this position?
- How did you decide on your career/field/major?
- What classes have you enjoyed the most/least during college and why?
- How have the activities that you have been involved with during college influenced you?
- Do you have future plans of furthering your education?
- What electives did you enjoy the most? Why?
- How would your co-workers/supervisors describe you?
- Tell me about a time when you had to influence someone to accept your idea.
- Give me an example of a time when you had to make an important decision and how you came to that decision.
- Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult person and how you handled it.
- Tell me about your position with ___________ and the valuable skills you learned.
- Please give me an example where you have demonstrated the ability to be an effective member of a team.
- Give me 3 reasons why I should hire you.
- Is there anything you would like to add?
- What did you like the most and the least about your last place of employment?
- If you were a fork, knife, or a spoon, which would you be and why?
- Why are manhole covers round?
- Sell me something in this room, anything.
- What did you do poorly in your last position or on your last project?
- If you had to choose, would you be an elephant or a giraffe? Explain why.
- Create an argument for one of these statements: salt is better than pepper or pepper is better than salt.
- If you had to pick a title for an autobiography about your life (at this point in time), what would you name the title?
- If you were a type of food, what type of food would you be and why?
- If you could have dinner with anyone from history, who would it be and why?