Networking @ Carver
Wednesday, September 26
Feller Club Room, Carver Hawkeye Arena
This is a fun evening designed for student athletes to connect with employers, as well as learn from organizations about their various opportunities.
- Light refreshments provided
- No suits, no sweats -- wear something in between!
- 6:30-7:00 pm - Check-in
- 7:00 pm - Welcome
- 7-8:30 pm - Networking
Information for Students
Students do not need to register in advance
Attend a Networking Prep Session - How do I network? What do I say to employers? What should I wear? Do I need to bring anything? If you're planning to attend this event, you might have several questions on what to do and what to say. Learn how you can prepare by attending a Networking Prep Session prior to the event - Wednesday, Sept. 26 6:30 pm
- Read more about Networking
- Update your resume and take with a Peer or Career Advisor - our walk-in hours are M-F, 10 am-3 pm, C310 Pomerantz Center (when classes are in session)
- Employer Participants - HireaHawk Student Preview
- Don't forget to attend the Fall Job & Internship Fair on Sept. 27, following the networking night.
- Bring copies of your resume and Dress for Success!
*This event is open to all students.
Information for Employers
- Register - (make sure you are logged into your HireaHawk employer account before opening the link). Or, you can log into your employer account and click on Fairs on the left and then select University of Iowa and the fair you would like to register for.
If you don't have a current HireaHawk powered by Handshake account, create one here.
Registration fee: $25 for for-profit employers, $10 for non-profit employers; only one representative per organization due to space constraints at the event.
- Questions? Email Joanna Halsch
- Parking - parking is FREE in Lot 46 after 4:30 pm (Lot 46 located on west side of Carver - off of Hawkins Road).