Spring Job & Internship Fair - Wednesday, February 22, 2017, 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
The Job Fair will be located in the Main Lounge & the Second Floor Ballroom in the Iowa Memorial Union. Check-in at Hubbard Commons.
PREPARE FOR THE FAIR CHECKLIST FOR STUDENTS
- No pre-registration is required.
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions
- Update Your Resume - our walk-in hours are M-F, 10am-3pm, C310 Pomerantz Center (when classes are in session)
- Research Employers
- Fair Guide - map & employer booth locations
- Employer Participants
- Visit HireaHawk
View event details and submit your resume to employers attending the fair through the "Events" tab. Click on the fair you are interested in and then RSVP - you can RSVP to the fair in general and/or express interest in a specific employer. Go to "Jobs & Internships", "HireaHawk Jobs & Interviews" to request interviews from employers who are staying to interview the day after the fair. Be sure to make the request weeks in advance of the interview date! Many employers will also schedule interviews when they meet with you at the fair.
- Attend a Prepare for the Fair Session
Mon. Feb. 20 @ 12pm - Library Learning Commons 1103 & 1105
Mon. Feb. 20 @ 3pm - S401 Pappajohn Business Building
Tues. Feb. 21 @ 12pm - S401 Pappajohn Business Building
Tues. Feb. 21 @ 3pm - Pomerantz Career Center
- Bring your Student ID, copies of your resume and Dress for Success!
- Students: Make sure you visit the Student Hospitality Hub in the Hubbard Commons to get final advice from a career advisor, grab a bite to eat or print your resume.
- Parking will be busy this day. IMU Ramp and North Ramp most likely will be full. We suggest trying the Old Capitol Ramp and Tower Place Ramp, or find street parking.
- Get your free photo taken at the LinkedIn Photo Booth outside the second floor ballroom!
- Check out the Fair Tours to learn more about the Fair – 11:30 am, 12:30 pm, 1:30 pm (all depart from the Iowa Theater)
Visit UI Graduate Programs on the Second Floor ballroom to learn more about earning a higher education degree. Programs attending include: College of Public Health, College of Law, School of Urban & Regional Planning, Tippie Full-Time MBA and College of Education.
INFORMATION FOR EMPLOYERS
- Registration is closed. Questions? Email Joanna Halsch
Please ship items after February 15 to:
The University of Iowa
Guest and Event Services
159 Iowa Memorial Union
Iowa City, IA 52242-1317
Attn: Spring Job & Internship Fair