Our team of Career Advisors and Peer Advisors are eager to assist as you explore and prepare for exciting career opportunities ahead. We know this process can feel overwhelming but we’re here to help. Starting early is important. Don’t wait until your senior year to visit us.
Academic or Career Advising?
Academic advisors help you explore what you want to study, select your major(s) as well as possible minors or certificates, and pick classes to meet graduation requirements and timelines. You can locate your academic advisor via these links: Academic Advising Center, Liberal Arts & Sciences, Tippie College of Business, Nursing, Education,and Engineering
- Career advisors help you explore interests, skills, strengths and values to discover what you may want to do after graduation and develop a plan to help you get there.
- Best for quick questions, resume/cover letter reviews, help with HireaHawk.com, & overview of services
- Hours: M-F, 10 AM – 3 PM during fall & spring semesters; first come, first served
- Location: C310 Pomerantz Center
- Staffed by our Peer Advisors
- Best for 30 minute discussions about major and career decision-making, internships/gaining experience, job search, applying to graduate school and more.
- Appointments are scheduled according to your self-selected Career Community
- Available to current undergraduates (all majors) and alumni within 12 months of their bachelor’s degree.
- Masters students in Accounting, Actuarial Science and Computer Science - Call the Pomerantz Career Center at 319-335-1023 to schedule career advising appointments. Our office hours are M-F from 8-5.
- Engineering and other graduate majors, see our additional Career Service Offices page.