Our team of Career Coaches and Career Peer Advisors are eager to assist as you explore and prepare for exciting career opportunities ahead. We know this process can feel overwhelming but we’re here to help. Starting early is important. Don’t wait until your senior year to visit us.
NOTE: If you received your bachelor’s degree within the last 18 months, you retain access to individual career coaching. To schedule, please call our office at 319-335-1023, M-F between 8:00 AM-5:00 PM.
Academic Advising or Career Coaching?
Academic advisors help you explore what you want to study, select your major(s) as well as possible minors or certificates, and pick classes to meet graduation requirements and timelines. You can locate your academic advisor via these links: Academic Advising Center, Liberal Arts & Sciences, Tippie College of Business, Nursing, Education,and Engineering
- Career Coaches partner with you to explore interests, skills, strengths and values to discover what you may want to do after graduation and develop a plan to help you get there. Career Coaching is intended to empower you throughout this process, focusing on action steps and results.
- Location: Drop in hours M-F 10:00 AM - 2:00PM while classes are in session at C310 Pomerantz Center. Zoom appointments are also available via MyUI. Career Peer Advisors meet with students who select Improving Resume, Cover Letter or LinkedIn Profile or Reviewing Handshake/Big Interview as their reason for meeting.
- Best for 30 minute discussions about major and career decision-making, internships/gaining experience, job search, applying to graduate school and more.
- Appointments are scheduled according to your self-selected Career Community
- Available to current undergraduates (all majors) and alumni within 18 months of their bachelor’s degree.
- Masters students in Accounting, Actuarial Science and Computer Science - Call the Pomerantz Career Center at 319-335-1023 to schedule career coaching appointments. Our office hours are M-F from 8-5.
- Engineering and other graduate majors, see our additional Career Service Offices page.
NOTE: If you received your bachelor’s degree within the last 18 months, you retain access to individual career coaching. To schedule, please call our office at 319-335-1023, M-F between 8-5 PM.