Career Peer Advising Program
In need of some quick career advice?
Stop in during walk-in hours to meet with a Career Peer Advisor!
Walk-In Hours: M-F, 10am-3pm while school is in session
(Career Peer Advisors are not available during the summer, spring or winter breaks)
What is the Peer Advisor Program?
The Pomerantz Career Center Peer Advisor Program serves as a way for UI students to receive high-quality career advice from their peers in a timely manner.
Career Peers Advisors can help you by..
- Reviewing your resumes and cover letters or providing information on how to get started
- Preparing with you for networking events and Job & Internship Fairs
- Helping you to set up and maximize your HireaHawk and LinkedIn profiles
- Assisting with job and internship searches and providing interview tips & practice
- Supplying information on Pomerantz Career Center programs, services and resources
- Answering general career-related questions
- Presenting on career-related topics to your student organization or class
What Students Are Saying
- "This is a great program. I think everyone at the University should use it!"
- "My peer advisor spoke to me as a peer and her suggestions for my resume were clear and very helpful."
- "I received great advice! Once I change my resume, I'm coming back so a peer can look at it again!"
- "After just 15 minutes, I feel much more confident in the quality of my resume."
Want to Become a Career Peer Advisor?
We are looking for new peers each school year. Peer Advisor recruitment takes place each spring semester. We encourage you to meet with a current peer to learn more about what being a Career Peer Advisor is all about!