Tippie Tech: Data & Information Job & Internship Fair
Tuesday, February 23, 2021 : 12 pm – 4 pm - VIRTUAL FAIR
This fair will focus on recruiting students typically majoring in BAIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science
STUDENT INFORMATION : What to do NOW?
1. Registration opens February 1st - https://uiowa.joinhandshake.com/career_fairs/20578/student_preview
2. Pre-schedule 1:1 or group sessions with employers you’re interested in or join an open session the day of the event.* Some sessions may fill up - we recommend you pre-schedule! Students can still attend if you don't pre-schedule.
3. Prepare How to navigate a Virtual Fair in Handshake
- Handshake Virtual Fair Tips
- Handshake Video - Locating and Registering for Fairs
- Handshake Virtual Fairs - Student Experience Information
- Handshake Virtual Fairs - How to Register
- Handshake Video & Tech Requirements
- Virtual Fair Trust & Safety
- Virtual Fair Accessibility
- Pomerantz Career Center Virtual Event Tips
4. Prepare Professionally by watching Fair videos
Which Employers are attending? View list here:
- ARAG Legal Insurance
- Cambridge Investment Research, Inc.
- CRST The Transportation Solution, Inc
- EMC Insurance Companies
- Greater Des Moines Partnership
- Heartland Business Systems
- High-Tech Small Town
- HNI Corporation
- Keyot Crew212
- Leepfrog Technologies, Inc.
- Medical Solutions, LLC
- Modern Woodmen of America
- Palmer Group
- Passage Global Capital Management
- Peace Corps
- RSM US LLP
- Sandhills Global, Inc.
- U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command (CCDC) Chemical Biological Center
- VT Industries
Update Your Resume and talk with a Peer or a Career Advisor if you need additional help - connect virtually and schedule an appointment on MYUI.
During the event, there will be a Student Q&A zoom room with a Career Advisor - zoom link will be emailed to you after you register.
- Register Here
- Event Refund Policy
- Invitation letter - coming soon
- Fair Navigation
- Questions? Contact Jo Halsch, Associate Director of Events
- Attend Employer Q&A zoom room for help during the event (link to come) - staffed by Employer Team staff from 11:30 - 4:00 pm on Tuesday, Feb. 23
- Event Sponsors: TippieTech Student Organization & Pomerantz Career Center
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa events. If you are a person with a disability and require an accommodation in order to participate in this event, please contact the Pomerantz Career Center, (319) 335-1023.