Online Resume and Cover Letter Reviews
You can submit your resume or cover letter for review by filling out the form here: careers.uiowa.edu/form/online-resume-review-optin. Note that you must upload your resume/cover letter in Handshake, and your feedback will come to you as a Handshake message within a few days.
Virtual Career Peer Advising (formerly Drop-In)
Schedule an appointment via Zoom with a Career Peer Advisor to chat about your resume, cover letter, LinkedIn, and Handshake. Schedule Appointment using MyUI (Pomerantz Career Center > General Peer Advising)
Note: Career Peer Advisors are not available during summer, spring, or winter breaks.
Virtual Career Advising Appointments
Career advisors will still be available for appointments, but all appointments will be online using Zoom. Directions to schedule an appointment:
- Click on the “Advising Appointment” tile in MyUI, and in the dropdown menu select to schedule a new appointment with “Pomerantz Career Center.” NOTE: If you received your bachelor’s degree within the last 12 months, you retain access to individual career advising. To schedule, please call our office at 319-335-1023, M-F between 8-4 PM.
- Select a career community of interest to you. Remember that if you are unsure/exploring, advisors in any career community can assist you!
- Select the time that works best for your schedule.
- Review the confirmation email that you get from scheduling your appointment. The location in the confirmation email will be a link to a Zoom meeting. At the time of your meeting, you will need to click on this link to be connected with your advisor.
Your instructor will contact you directly with any instructions specific to your course. Please be sure to regularly check your uiowa email account and your course ICON site for announcements. Please contact your instructor with any questions
Fairs & Events
Our main Job & Internship Fair has been broken up into several virtual opportunities. Learn more and register for an upcoming event here: careers.uiowa.edu/events
Students should also sign-in to their Handshake account, where they can update profiles and register for additional events: uiowa.joinhandshake.com/login
Mock Interviews, On-Campus Interviews and Information Sessions
- Student registration for mock interviews and regular interviews will take place on Handshake as usual. There will be both virtual and in-person schedules, so be sure to check the schedules carefully.
- The cancellation policy for interviews still applies: careers.uiowa.edu/interview-cancellation-policy-and-interviewing-tips
- Continue using Handshake to find/apply for campus jobs, internships or full-time post-grad.
- You can continue to connect with employer via virtual Information Sessions - these will be posted in Handshake as they become available.
Virtual Career Resources
Don’t forget our many online resources which can be found by visiting student section of our website, including some that may be of immediate assistance.
- What Can I Do With This Major?
- Online Career Assessments to provide customized information to help with major/career decision-making.
- Find resources specific to your career interests.
- Download our interactive Career Guide.
- Help with Resumes, Cover Letters, and Interview Preparation/Practice
- Help with Finding an Internship and Seeking Credit/Reporting Internships
- Check out Job Search Checklist
- Graduate & Professional School assistance and Gap Years
- Continue using Handshake to find/apply for campus jobs, internships or full-time post-grad. jobs.