What is Student Employment?
The Pomerantz Career Center aims to provide work opportunities for students looking to help offset the cost of education while gaining valuable work experience that is imperative in today’s competitive job market. Our goal is to help students find employment that adds value to each student’s personal and professional development.
Future Benefits of Student Employment
- Development of transferrable skills, such as time management and organizational skills; understanding of personal skills, talents and interests leading to the right career path for you
- Development of a mature professional mindset
- The understanding of what employers look for to stand out in a professional environment
- The chance to network and build relationships with professional mentors on campus
- Understanding the resources available to you as a student to assist in your academic and professional success
Academic Benefits of Student Employment
- Increased enrollment retention and graduation rates for on-campus student workers
- Students working 1-20 hours per week have a higher average GPA than their non-working peers
The Pomerantz Career Center assists in the professional development of student employees by providing opportunities such as the UI STEP (Student to Employed Professional) professional development workshop and the 2 credit hour professional development academic course, along with assistance with HireaHawk.com.
For questions regarding student employment on the University of Iowa campus, please contact Josh Frahm by phone at 319-353-2838 or by email at email@example.com.