Actuarial Science, Insurance and Risk Management Job & Internship Fair
Wednesday, September 16, 2020 - 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. - VIRTUAL FAIR
Register in Handshake - click here!
What to do NOW?
1. Register in Handshake
2. Pre-schedule 1:1 or group sessions with employers you’re interested in or join an open session the day of the event.* Some sessions may fill up - we recommend you pre-schedule! Students can still attend if you don't pre-schedule.
3. Prepare How to navigate a Virtual Fair in Handshake
- Handshake Virtual Fair Tips
- Handshake Virtual Fairs - Student Experience Information
- Handshake Virtual Fairs - How to Register
- Handshake Video – Locating and Registering for Virtual Fairs
- Handshake Video & Tech Requirements
- Virtual Fair Trust & Safety
- Virtual Fair Accessibility
- Pomerantz Career Center Virtual Event Tips
4. Prepare Professionally by watching Fair Help videos
Which Employers will be attending? View list here: https://app.joinhandshake.com/career_fairs/16251/student_preview
Update Your Resume and talk with a Peer or a Career Advisor - connect virtually and schedule an appointment on MYUI!
During the event, there will be a Student Q&A zoom room with a Career Advisor - zoom link will be emailed to you after you register.
List of Employers Registered:
American Equity Investment Life Insurance Company
American Family Insurance - Enterprise
Captive Resources, LLC
EMC Insurance Companies
F&G Annuities & Life
Global Atlantic Financial Group
Greater Des Moines Partnership
Mutual of Omaha
National Indemnity Company
Pinnacle Actuarial Resources, Inc.
Principal Financial Group - Corporate Headquarters
Renewable Energy Group
Sammons Financial Group
United Fire & Casualty
- Register here: https://app.joinhandshake.com/career_fairs/16251/employer_preview
- Fair Navigation & Training :
- Attend Employer Q&A zoom room for help during the event (link to come) - staffed by Employer Team staff from 12:30 - 4:00 pm on Wednesday, Sept. 16
- Questions? Email Joanna Halsch
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa events. If you are a person with a disability and require an accommodation in order to participate in this event, please contact the Pomerantz Career Center, (319) 335-1023.