Academic or Career Coaching?
Academic advisors help you explore what you want to study, select your major(s) as well as possible minors or certificates, and pick classes to meet graduation requirements and timelines. You can locate your academic advisor via these links: Academic Advising Center, Liberal Arts & Sciences, Tippie College of Business, Education, and Engineering
Career coaches help you explore interests, skills, strengths and values to discover what you may want to do after graduation and develop a plan to help you get there.
Career Peer Advising
- Best for quick questions, resume/cover letter reviews, LinkedIn info, help with Handshake, & overview of services
- Location: Pomerantz Career Center, M–F, 10am–2pm when classes are in session
- Appointments staffed by our Peer Advisors
- Schedule virtually via MyUI
- Best for 30 minute discussions about major and career decision-making, internships/gaining experience, job search, applying to graduate school and more.
- Appointments are scheduled according to your self-selected Career Community
- Available to current undergraduates (all majors) and alumni within 12 months of their bachelor’s degree.
- Masters students in Accounting, Actuarial Science and Computer Science contact us to schedule an appointment.
- Engineering and other graduate majors, see our additional Career Service Offices page.
Meet the Career Coaches
STUDENTS REPORTED THEIR PRIMARY NEEDS WERE MET DURING ADVISING OR WALK-IN ADVISING
Begin the conversation
If you received your bachelor’s degree within the last 12 months, you retain access to individual career advising. Contact us to schedule an appointment.