MyMajors is a major exploration assessment that will help you identify your best major fits at the University of Iowa based upon your academic aptitudes, interests, and personality. MyMajors is a free assessment that takes about 15 minutes to complete.
Career assessments are designed to help you understand how your personal attributes impact potential success and satisfaction with different career options and work environments. While no assessment can perfectly capture who you are or predict what occupation you’ll pursue, they can help you narrow choices and discover options you may not have considered. Taking an assessment is a first step in the career exploration process. The Pomerantz Career Center offers the following career assessments:
- FREE, online assessment that is comprised of 16 separate "brain game" exercises
- Identifies both your interests AND aptitudes allowing you to discover what makes you unique
- Offers an interactive result profile that provides information on occupations that align with who you are and your abilities
- Plan on 1.5 - 2 hours to complete the assessment; results are provided within 12 hours
- Sign up!
- FREE, online assessment that is comprised of five short inventories
- Examine your interests, skills, personality, and values
- Review and research majors and occupations that best match your profile
- Plan on 20 - 30 minutes to complete the assessment; results are provided instantly
- Register, create your account, and begin! Note: The access code for our school is Hawks.
CliftonStrengths for Students is an assessment that will help you to build your Strengths, realize your uniqueness and design your future. Understanding and harnessing your Strengths increases confidence in who you are and how you can contribute to the world.
- Access to take the CliftonStrengths for Students is provided at no cost for the first 75 UI undergraduate students each semester who request access. The assessment takes about 20 minutes to complete with results provided immediately. As of Sept. 1, 2021 we have exhausted the available free licenses for this semester. To purchase access, please visit Clifton Strengths for Students store. If Strengths is required for a class, please consult your instructor.
- We also encourage you schedule an “Exploring Your Strengths” appointment with a career coach via MyUI. During these appointments, you will discuss how you have experienced your Strengths and how they can support a career question or goal.