MyMajors is a major exploration assessment that will help you identify your best major fits at the University of Iowa based upon your academic aptitudes, interests, and personality. MyMajors is a free assessment that takes about 15 minutes to complete.
Career assessments are designed to help you understand how your personal attributes impact potential success and satisfaction with different career options and work environments. While no assessment can perfectly capture who you are or predict what occupation you’ll pursue, they can help you narrow choices and discover options you may not have considered. Taking an assessment is a first step in the career exploration process. The Pomerantz Career Center offers the following career assessments:
- FREE, online assessment that is comprised of 16 separate "brain game" exercises
- Identifies both your interests AND aptitudes allowing you to discover what makes you unique
- Offers an interactive result profile that provides information on occupations that align with who you are and your abilities
- Plan on 1.5 - 2 hours to complete the assessment; results are provided within 12 hours
- Sign up!
- NEW: We are offering small group advising sessions that focus on interpreting and utilizing your YouScience results. Each small group session will include up to 8 total students. If you are interested in attending a YouScience small group results discussion, click on the date and time below to find the registration URL. If you have questions or need assistance, contact us at 319-335-1023 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FREE, online assessment that is comprised of five short inventories
- Examine your interests, skills, personality, and values
- Review and research majors and occupations that best match your profile
- Plan on 20 - 30 minutes to complete the assessment; results are provided instantly
- Register, create your account, and begin! Note: The access code for our school is Hawks.
CliftonStrengths for Students is an assessment that will help you to build your Strengths, realize your uniqueness and design your future. The Pomerantz Career Center offers the CliftonStrengths for Students assessment together with "Exploring Your Strengths" advising appointments. During these appointments, you will discuss how you’ve seen your Strengths show up in your life and how your Strengths can support a career question or goal you have. Access to take the CliftonStrengths for Students assessment will be provided at no cost, in conjunction with the required 30 minute "Exploring Your Strengths" appointment. To schedule an appointment, please visit MyUI or call the Pomerantz Career Center at 319-335-1023 . The assessment takes about 20 minutes to complete, results are provided immediately.