University of Iowa Statewide Educator Fair - EVENT CANCELLED
In an effort to be consistent with the University of Iowa moving in-person instruction online beginning March 23th through at least April 2nd (https://coronavirus.uiowa.edu/) the Pomerantz Career Center is cancelling the Educator Fair.
Friday, March 27, 2020 - Second Floor Ballroom, Iowa Memorial Union
9 a.m. - 11 a.m. - Fair + Networking
11:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. - Optional Interviewing (Districts will have the option to do interviews, but not all will the day of the Fair)
Checklist for Students
- No pre-registration is required.
- How to Succeed at the Job Fair
- Update Your Resume (when classes are in session, walk-in hours for UI Students are M-F, 10am-3pm, C310 Pomerantz Center)
- Participants - https://app.joinhandshake.com/career_fairs/13317/student_preview
- Bring Your Student ID, copies of your resume and Dress for Success. **UI students who are in need of free professional attire, please visit the Clothing Closet at Iowa, 213 Iowa Memorial Union.
- Parking will be busy this day with various events going on. IMU Ramp and North Ramp most likely will be full. We suggest trying the Old Capitol Ramp and Tower Place Ramp, or find street parking.
Information for Employers
- Registration -https://app.joinhandshake.com/career_fairs/13317/employer_preview - we are currently full. Please register for a wait list spot.
- Registration Information: it is FREE to attend this event as a district. We suggest no more than three representatives due to space. Light snacks and refreshments will be provided during the Fair time to representatives (9 am - 11 am). Lunch will only be provided to those registered to conduct interviews in the afternoon (11:30 - 2 pm). Interviews will take place at tables in the Ballroom.
- What Districts have to say about recruiting at the UI Statewide Educator Fair:
- "Thank you for having everything so well organized and being so welcoming! It makes a long day of travel so much easier!"
- "Students were organized and prepared so it was worth to attend."
- Students had good experience, good questions and good enthusiasm."
- "Very happy with the fair. Candidates did a great job!"
- "We love coming here and will be back!"
Please ship items after March 20 to:
The University of Iowa
Guest and Event Services
159 Iowa Memorial Union
Iowa City, IA 52242-1317
Attn: Cindy Mills - Educator Fair
Parking - District representatives should park at the North Ramp (North of the Iowa Memorial Union)
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa events. If you are a person with a disability and require an accommodation in order to participate in this event, please contact the Pomerantz Career Center, (319) 335-1023