VIRTUAL Exploring Careers in Life & Health Sciences Networking
Thursday, April 1, 2021 - 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm, Virtual Networking Event
INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS & ALUMS
- Students will Explore + Connect with:
- Life science & health science companies
- Internship/full-time positions
- Graduate and service programs
- Research and volunteer opportunities
What to do NOW?
1. Registration opens February 1st : https://uiowa.joinhandshake.com/career_fairs/20844/student_preview
2. Pre-schedule 1:1 or group sessions with employers you’re interested in or join an open session the day of the event.* Some sessions may fill up - we recommend you pre-schedule! Students can still attend if you don't pre-schedule.
3. Prepare How to navigate a Virtual Fair in Handshake
4. Prepare professionally by watching Fair Help videos
Update Your Resume and talk with a Peer or a Career Advisor - connect virtually and schedule an appointment on MYUI.
During the event, there will be a Student Q&A zoom room with a Career Advisor - zoom link will be emailed to you after you register.
Employers & Organizations Registered: coming soon
INFORMATION FOR EMPLOYERS
- REGISTER here and view attending employers: https://app.joinhandshake.com/career_fairs/20844/employer_preview
If you don't have a current Handshake account, create one here.
- Attend Employer Q&A zoom room for help during the event (link to come) - staffed by Employer Team staff from 2:30 - 5:00 pm on Thursday, April 1
- Employers and organizations will connect with undergraduates representing the life sciences (including students majoring in Biology, Public Health, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Earth & Environmental Science, Health & Human Physiology, Neuroscience, Biomedical Sciences and Microbiology).
- Fair Navigation & Training :
Questions? Email Joanna Halsch
This event is sponsored by:
Pomerantz Career Center
Department of Biology
Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences
Department of Chemistry
College of Public Health
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa events. If you are a person with a disability and require an accommodation in order to participate in this event, please contact the Pomerantz Career Center, (319) 335-1023.