Exploring Careers in Life & Health Sciences
Tuesday, September 14, 2021 - IN PERSON & VIRTUAL NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES
VIRTUAL NETWORKING: 1:00 - 3:00 pm, Handshake Networking Event
IN PERSON NETWORKING: 4:00 - 6:00 pm, Second Floor Ballroom, Iowa Memorial Union
INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS & ALUMS
- Students will Explore + Connect with:
- Life science & health science companies
- Internship/full-time positions
- Graduate and service programs
- Research and volunteer opportunities
What to do NOW? Register in Handshake for in person fair OR virtual fair OR BOTH! They are listed as two separate fairs in Handshake because different employers can/will attend one or the other (or also both!)
VIRTUAL NETWORKING INFO (1 - 3 pm): Pre-schedule 1:1 or group sessions with employers you’re interested in or join an open session the day of the event. Students can still attend if you don't pre-schedule. Register in Handshake here: https://app.joinhandshake.com/career_fairs/25052/student_preview
Prepare How to navigate a Virtual Fair in Handshake
- Prepare professionally by watching Fair Help videos
IN PERSON NETWORKING INFO (4 - 6 pm):
- Attend a networking tips session prior: 3:30 - 4:00 pm - Academics Room, IMU
- Register in Handshake to stay up to date with changes/list of employers: https://app.joinhandshake.com/career_fairs/24990/student_preview
- Check-in at Second Floor Ballroom Lobby in Iowa Memorial Union
- Bring your Student ID, copies of your resume and Dress for Success! *If you are in need of free professional attire, please visit the Clothing Closet at Iowa, 213 Iowa Memorial Union
- Parking will be busy this day. IMU Ramp and North Ramp might be full - build in extra time for parking.
Update Your Resume and talk with a Peer or a Career Advisor - connect virtually and schedule an appointment on MYUI.
Employers & Organizations Registered: coming soon
INFORMATION FOR EMPLOYERS
- REGISTRATION: You can register for IN PERSON event from 1-3 pm or VIRTUAL event from 4-6 pm. Each networking opportunity is free to attend. If you are registering both events, you are welcome to reserve a space in the Pomerantz Career Center for virtual portion.
IN PERSON EVENT INFO (4 - 6 pm):
Location: Second Floor Ballroom, Iowa Memorial Union
- Employers and organizations will connect with undergraduates representing the life sciences (including students majoring in Biology, Public Health, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Earth & Environmental Science, Health & Human Physiology, Neuroscience, Biomedical Sciences and Microbiology).
VIRTUAL EVENT INFO (1-3 pm)
- Navigation & Training :
Questions? Email Joanna Halsch
This event is sponsored by:
Pomerantz Career Center
Department of Biology
Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences
Department of Chemistry
College of Public Health
Department of Health & Human Physiology
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa events. If you are a person with a disability and require an accommodation in order to participate in this event, please contact the Pomerantz Career Center, (319) 335-1023.