Wednesday, August 24, 2022, 11 am - 2 pm, Main Lounge, IMU
Information for Students:
This is fair is for students looking for part time employment. Below is a list of tips for the job fair:
- Come as you are - You don't need to wear a suit, but you don't want to come in work-out clothes.
- Bring your class schedule and available work hours.
- If you are applying for Work-Study jobs, you should also bring verification of your Work-Study eligibility. You can access this information in MyUI. Make sure you select the appropriate semester/session.
- Bring your resume.
- Bring the names, telephone numbers, and email addresses for individuals you will list on applications as personal or employment references.
- To be paid by an employer, you must complete the Form I-9 with your employer within three days of the start of work. To complete the form you will need identity documents. Be sure to bring these documents with you to campus - examples of these types of documents include: Passport, Birth Certificate, SS Card.
- Be aware of the Job Fair hours of 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. If you have class during that time period and are not able to attend, be sure to check out jobs on Handshake
- Employer Participants
Information for Employers:
Keep up to date with UI COVID guidelines here: https://coronavirus.uiowa.edu/
Last year more than 30 employers attended the job fair and approximately 800 students.
The fair is free for employers. You are encouraged to bring numerous applications to the fair and use visuals depicting the job opportunities to attract students to your table.
Employers who wish to interview that day will be provided confidential space to meet with students.
Registration - we are currently full
Event questions: Joanna Halsch, email@example.com(link is external)
Student Employment questions: Josh Frahm, firstname.lastname@example.org(link is external)
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa events. If you are a person with a disability and require an accommodation in order to participate in this event, please contact the Pomerantz Career Center, (319) 335-1023.