Student Employment Job Fair
Wednesday, August 22, 11 am - 3 pm
Information for Students:
Last year more than 35 employers attended the job fair along with over 1,200 students. Many employers will interview students that day and some employers will extend job offers to students at the fair. This is fair is for students looking for part time employment.
Below is a list of tips for the job fair:
- "Dress to impress." Business casual is fine. You don't need to wear a suit, but you don't want to come in work-out clothes.
- Bring your class schedule and available work hours.
- If you are applying for Work-Study jobs, you should also bring verification of your Work-Study eligibility. You can access this information in MyUI. Make sure you select the appropriate semester/session.
- Bring your resume.
- Bring the names, telephone numbers and email addresses for individuals you will list on applications as personal or employment references.
- To be paid by an employer, you must complete the Form I-9 with your employer within three days of the start of work. To complete the form you will need identity documents. Be sure to bring these documents with you to campus - examples of these types of documents include: Passport, Birth Certificate, SS Card.
- Be aware of the Job Fair hours of 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. If you have class during that time period and are not able to attend, be sure to check out jobs on HireaHawk.
- Employer Participants - HireaHawk Student Preview
Information for Employers:
Last year more than 35 employers attended the job fair and approximately 1,200 students. Students who are uncertain if they have been awarded Work-Study can speak with staff at the Student Employment table. In past years it has been possible to make late Work-Study awards.
The fair is free for employers. You are encouraged to bring numerous applications to the fair and use visuals depicting the job opportunities to attract students to your table.
Employers who wish to interview that day will be provided confidential space to meet with students.
Event questions: Joanna Halsch, email@example.com
Student Employment questions: Josh Frahm, firstname.lastname@example.org