Virtual Career Fair
Wednesday, October 6, 2021 : 12 – 4 pm - VIRTUAL FAIR
This fair will focus on recruiting students pursuing any and all majors! All students are invited to attend! There will be a variety of industries of employers represented.
INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
1. Registration opens Sept 20th: https://app.joinhandshake.com/career_fairs/24945/student_preview
2. Pre-schedule 1:1 or group sessions with employers you’re interested in or join an open session the day of the event.* Some sessions may fill up - we recommend you pre-schedule! Students can still attend if you don't pre-schedule.
3. Read Student Tips for Virtual Fairs and Networking Events guide
4. Prepare How to navigate a Virtual Fair in Handshake
- Handshake Virtual Fair Tips
- Handshake Video – Locating and Registering for Virtual Fairs
- Handshake Virtual Fairs - Student Experience Information
- Handshake Virtual Fairs - How to Register
- Handshake Video & Tech Requirements
- Virtual Fair Trust & Safety
- Virtual Fair Accessibility
- Pomerantz Career Center Virtual Event Tips
5. Prepare professionally by watching Fair Help videos
Which employers are attending? View list here: coming soon
Update Your Resume and talk with a Peer or a Career Coach - connect virtually by scheduling an appointment on MYUI! Peer advisors have drop-in hours Monday - Friday, 10 am - 2 pm in C310 Pomerantz Center.
INFORMATION FOR EMPLOYERS
- Fair Training Video
- Scheduling Overview for Fairs
- Technology Requirements
- Employer Checklist
- Handshake office hours
-Questions? Contact Jo Halsch, Associate Director of Events
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa events. If you are a person with a disability and require an accommodation in order to participate in this event, please contact the Pomerantz Career Center, (319) 335-1023.