Please click on an item below to view details for the Pomerantz Career Center options. You can select one of these options by logging into your HireaHawk account and going to "Career Center" at the top, "Experiences" and Request an Experience".
You must first have a confirmed experience set up with an employer before you can request to register for an internship course.
If you are unsure which option you would like to register for, please click on an option to view details or contact a member of the Experiential Education Team at 319-335-1023.
- F-1 & J-1 Zero Credit Hour Internship for CPT Requirement
- For F-1 & J-1 students only to fulfill CPT requirement
- 0 Credit Hour Internship & Transcript Notation
- For students not needing to fulfill CPT requirement
- For students wanting transcript notation, 0 credit hours and no tuition fees
- CCP:1201 Academic Internship (1-3 Credit Hours)
- For both domestic and F-1 & J-1 students wanting to receive 1-3 credit hours
- Tuition will be charged for the hours registered for
- Counts towards elective hours
- LS:3011 Leadership Certificate Capstone
- Winterim Externship - CCP:1017
- For domestic students participating in a short term experience during winter break
- Field Experience for CPT Requirement
- For F-1 & J-1 students participating in short term experiences (less than 8 weeks) or less than 10 hours per week, needing to fulfill CPT requirement
- CCP:2020 Washington Center Internship Program
- For all students participating in the Washington Center Internship Program
- x - Just want to report my internship and do not want to register
- For all students wanting to report an internship, but not register it. No transcript notation or course credit is given - for tracking purposes only
- This does not fulfill CPT requirements.
- Volunteer, Service Learning & Philanthropies - Track My Hours
- For students wanting to report and track their Volunteer, Service Learning or Philanthropy hours
- No transcript notation or course credit is given - for tracking purposes only
Internship Courses in Academic Departments/Colleges - please click on a link below to see requirements and registration instructions.
It may be possible for you to register your internship through your department. Some departments have internship courses that can be used by their majors in certain circumstances.
Students wishing to pursue this option should contact their academic advisor or the departmental internship coordinator to find out whether their major department offers an internship course, whether they would be eligible to use the course, and whether their internship would qualify for academic credit.
Tippie College of Business Internship Course Options
If your internship does not qualify for an academic internship through your department, you may be able to register it for the 0 credit hour course and transcript notation or the academic internship course through the Pomerantz Career Center - see those options at the top of this page.