Arts, Media, & Entertainment
- Do you consider yourself to be creative, expressive, or imaginative?
- Are you interested in learning about developing public relations campaigns, stage production, or creating museum exhibits?
- Does is sound like fun to work in a less structured environment with the freedom to voice your originality?
- Could you see yourself planning art projects or sporting events for others to enjoy?
Careers in this community focus on composing, writing, designing, and performing.
Meet the Community Advisors
Examples of Related Jobs
Click Here to learn where Hawkeyes GO & what they DO after graduation.
- Art Conservator/Curator
- Arts Administrator
- Digital/Interactive Media Creator
- Event Planner
- Fashion Boutique Manager
- Film Production Assistant
- Gallery Owner
- Game Designer
- Graphic Artist
- Media & Content Developers
- Medical Illustrator
- Museum Director
- Music Composer
- Music Manager
- Public Relations Specialist
- Radio/TV Announcer
- Recording/Digitization Technician
- Talent Manager
- Technical Writer
- Theater Manager
- TV/Film Actor
- Web Content Developer/Writer
MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT
- Entertainment and Sports Careers
- Get in Media
- My Next Move Media & Communications
- Vault for UI Students (Click on Guides then Media & Entertainment. Refer to Vault Guides for Dance, Theater, Film , Animation, Music, Writing & Editing, Television, Radio and many more! For those interested in Public Relations, click on Advertising & Marketing to access appropriate guides)
Career Videos: Arts and Communications Cluster
Career One Stop videos (See Arts and Communications for choices)
Want to put your interests to good use? Join with other students who share them. Discover student organizations which relate to arts, media, and entertainment at the Center for Student Involvement and Leadership. You can browse the database by letter or search by keyword or name for locating student organizations.
Some examples of organizations that may be of interest are:
- Art Hawks
- Campus Activity Board
- Dance Marathon
- Fine Arts Council
- Scope Productions
- Voices of Soul
- Women in Film
If you don’t want to join a club or don’t have the time, you can find activities and events related to your interests via After Class
Also consider volunteering as a way to explore your interests, build your resume, and connect with the community!
- Volunteer Center of Johnson County
- UI Alternative Spring Break Service Trips
- UI Volunteer Fair (held at the start of each semester)
|Check out student employment, internships & post-graduation full-time jobs in HireaHawk.com, powered by Handshake. Employers targeting University of Iowa students & alumni use this recruiting system to connect with you!|
MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT
Internships.com (Media/Entertainment internships)
Professional organizations are a great way to explore, prepare, experience, and achieve your career interests and goals!
- Explore - Learn what people in the industry do, talk about, and take action on
- Prepare - Learn about job titles, companies, and organizational/thought leaders
- Experience - Check out resources, including specialized job boards and LinkedIn groups to locate mentors and job shadowing/informational interview opportunities
- Achieve - Polish your professional image by taking an active part in your industry’s association. Reach your goals through networking and the professional development opportunities your association provides.
Plus, professional associations often offer discounted memberships to students!
Web Content & Design