The Pomerantz Career Center has world-class interviewing facilities - hosting approximately 5,000 interviews annually. We will be offering hybrid schedules during the academic year.
Request a Schedule
Step 1: Request your schedule through Handshake (go to "Request an Interview Schedule" from the middle of the homepage. Or - Interviews from the left navigation menu.
- Request your schedule at least 2 weeks in advance, so students have time to apply.
- If you need to request a schedule with 2 days or less notice, please call 319-335-1023 to request.
- Your interview schedule request will be reviewed within 2 business days.
- Our typical offices hours are 8am-4:30pm. Please let us know if you are going to need to check-in early or stay later (you can also indicate this in the description when requesting the schedule).
- For more details, see the Handshake Help Center Article - How to Post an Interview Schedule to a School
Step 2: Indicate in the title of the schedule and description if your schedule will be in-person or virtual.
Step 3: Post your jobs and add any additional information needed such as method of contact (web platform link) if virtual interviews.
Step 4: You will be notified when your schedule has been approved. Market your event! Take advantage of the many great opportunities to connect with students.
Step 5: The Career Center will reach out after the interviews to confirm the number of students who participated, as well as any no-shows or cancellations.
View these Help Center Articles with Screen Shots for details on employer deadlines, adding students, downloading applicants, managing interview schedule applicants, editing your schedule and more.
**If you have selected a Pre-Select schedule, don't forget to set students as Primaries so they can sign-up for an interview time!
Read about Posting Fees, Terms, & Policies
Student groups wishing to reserve interview space in the Career Center should email email@example.com with the dates, number of rooms and type of rooms needed (interview or conference).
- The Pomerantz Career Center is open from 8am-4:30pm. We ask that interviews take place between those hours. Ideally, interviews will start at 8:30am and the last interview will start at 4pm. Please let us know if you need access to the interview space prior to 8am.
- Interview groups should only access front entrance doors - not the back doors as those require swipe access.
- We ask that you please keep the interview rooms as tidy as possible. Please push chairs back in and empty trash (there are bins in the main waiting room).
- There may be other interviewers/interviewees or full-time staff using the space, so please keep the noise to a minimum. If you need to have a group discussion, please close the office door.
- Reach out to – firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding interview day expectations or if you have any special requests such as conference room space etc.
Day of Interviews
- Check-in at the main reception desk of the Pomerantz Career Center (C310 – 3rd floor).
- Employers will receive an email one week prior to interviews that will include parking/directions. If you haven't received this email, please call 319-335-1023.
- Parking and Directions can also be found here